This November the Davy Team was thrilled to get involved with Habitat for Humanity.
The team was put to work helping with new construction, working to support site clean, SWPP compliance, roofing and framing. The team was divided into small groups and supported by both the site Superintendent and team leads, made of regular volunteers with considerable experience. 14 volunteers from Davy Architehelped to frame, put of the roo, and clean up the site (including SWPP work).
About this Habitat for Humanity project - Comm22 | Logan Heights
Part of the multi-phase plan to construct transit-oriented mixed-use development near the 25th and Commercial Street station og the SD Trolley located adjacent to SDHC partnership affordable housing developments (Paseo at COMM22 and Victoria at COMM22). Homes are available for families earning upto 80% the area median income (AM1).
- Three 1,248 SF, 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath units
- Five 1,292 SF, 3 bedroom, 2 1/1 bath units
- Three 1,360 SF, 4 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath units (one compliant with American with Disabilities Act)
- Including: Private outdoor space, garage, and energy-efficient features such as Energy Star Appliances, low-flow plumbing fixtures and drought-tolerant landscape.
Upon completion, the units will be sold at fair market value, estimated to range from $310,000-$325,000. San Diego Habitat for Humanity finances the first mortgage at 0% interest. Supportable mortgage not to exceed 33% of household income. Buyers must support the build with 500 hours of "sweat equity" as well, by working on site to construct the homes.
About Habitat for Humanity
- Founded in 1976
- Nonprofit housing organization
- 1,500 U.S. affiliates
- Working in more than 70 countries
- Built or repaired more than 1 million homes worldwide
- More than 6.8 million people served worldwide
- Help from more than 2 million volunteers annually
No experience is necessary! Habitat has a site Superintendent and devoted regular volunteers who lead the crew. All tools and safety supplies need are provided. For more information please visit the San Diego Habitat website.