Davy Architecture is growing, and seeking talented individuals to add to our team. We are client focused and stable with a diverse portfolio of civic, hospital and education clients. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Job captain (posted 5/24/2017)
The Job Captain will be involved in all facets of our design practices. We seek team members who share our passion and excitement about the complexity of the education, civic and healthcare market sectors. OSHPD and DSA experience is a plus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Job Captain must be able to understand the concept of the entire project, creation of contract documents as a means to “construct a building” and assist the Project Manager in maintaining project and design continuity throughout the production process. Knowledge and understanding of the construction process is a must. They should be able to take direction without detailed descriptions of tasks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of code requirements and experience in working local permitting procedures, including DSA, OSHPD, local fire marshals and city departments
- Proficiency with Autocad, Revit, and MS Office products, Photoshop, InDesign and Sketchup experience is a required; in-depth experience with Revit production is a must
- Good writing skills necessary for memo writing, meeting minutes, and business communication
- Extensive experience with consultant coordination
- Experience with helping to manage a project team, process and capable of detailing and producing construction documents with minimal supervision
- On-site Construction Administration experience with direct coordination with contractors and consultants• Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-oriented design environment
- Degree in Architecture with a min. of 5-6 years experience
- CA State Licensed Architect preferred
How to Apply: Email resume and portfolio to email@example.com. Please no phone calls.